AVENS currently has an opening for a skilled culinary professional in the Food Services department. Reporting to the Food Services Manager, the Cook is responsible for preparing healthy and nutritious meals for AVENS 57 residents, with an eye for special diets and institutional cooking.
- A completed culinary program
- At least two (2)years of experience in commercial or institutional cooking
- Experience working with the elderly is an asset
- Current and valid Food Safe Certification and WHMIS 2015 is an asset
- Successful applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector criminal record check.
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
PENSION PLAN: casual position, not eligible
GROUP BENEFITS: casual position, not eligible
VACATION: Collective Agreement governs how term vacation leave is allotted and administered
SICK LEAVE: casual position, not eligible
OTHER BENEFITS: energized parking, a subsidized meal plan, access to full financial funding for continuing professional development and conferences, and the gratifying feeling of knowing you are making a positive difference in the lives of seniors.
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday September 17, at 4:00 pm. To apply, please bring your application to Reception, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No late applications will be accepted.