Based in Yellowknife, NT join one of the largest northern non-profit charity organizations dedicated to seniors living in the north. AVENS – A Community for Seniors is looking for self-motivated financial professional to work directly with the President and Chief Executive Officer in ensuring AVENS future. The successful candidate will work with a leading cloud-based system designed for property management, while providing overall financial oversight.
What will you be doing:
The role involves direct engagement in various financial activities aimed at providing comprehensive reporting for both internal and external stakeholders. This encompasses the production of detailed financial reports, playing a pivotal role in the annual operational budgeting process by overseeing and leading its execution. Additionally, the position involves the strategic management of organizational cash flow and forecasting to ensure fiscal responsibility. A key responsibility is the implementation of a robust system for contract management and financial reporting, contributing to the overall efficiency and transparency of the financial operations within the organization.
- Reporting the financial matters to the board of directors on a quarterly basis
- Effectively manage all accounting practices, policies, and procedures
- Deliver on financial reporting obligations as required
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors
You have a strong process orientation and drive to develop innovative solutions, paired with strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple priorities, initiatives, and timelines. You have the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders through building relationships and resolving conflicts. You can look at the organization from the strategic level for developing the vision and have the ability to work on the front lines to develop procedures that work for all. You share knowledge and are the leading financial expert of the organization.
What you need to be successful
· A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in financial leadership
· A proven ability to lead teams through budgeting cycles and expense management
· The completion of a CPA designation (including CA, CGA, CMA legacy designations) or actively working towards the completion of a CPA
· Strong computer skills and knowledge of databases and relevant software (Microsoft Office, Accounting Systems, and Cloud-based technologies)
· The ability to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record check
Nice to have
· Experience in housing, working with seniors or in a long-term care environment.
· Experience working with a unionized environment and collective agreements.
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. For more information on necessary qualifications, essential job functions, and a current job description, email Lindsey_Dwojak@avensseniors.com
Pay and Benefits
SALARY: $114,016-129,304 per annum, plus a $2,400 annual Northern Travel Allowance
PENSION PLAN: 8% Employer matched defined contribution (DC) pension plan
GROUP BENEFITS: dental, extended health care and vision, life insurance, accidental death & disability insurance, long term disability insurance and dependent life insurance
VACATION: a generous entitlement negotiable within an offer of employment
SICK LEAVE: 3 paid weeks/fiscal year
OTHER BENEFITS: Subsidized meal plan, and access to full financial funding for continuing professional development and conferences
Email resume to Lindsey_Dwojak@avensseniors.com no later than 4:00pm Monday December 4, 2023