Are you looking for an exciting and fulfilling career opportunity? Do you have a strong desire to work with seniors and make a meaningful difference in their life? If so, AVENS is the place for you. We currently have the following positions available:
Director of Community Housing
AVENS is looking for a strong leader to assist us in the development on how senior’s living and affordable housing can be modeled in the NWT. This is a “start-up” position where you will have the exciting opportunity to lead all of AVENS housing properties (Subsidized, Affordable, Market) along with the newest building, AVENS Pavilion (currently under construction). This role will be the senior leader that will help transform and deliver the best affordable senior housing and care in Yellowknife
Education and Experience Requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
· Operations and Leasing-oversee and manage assigned property management functions, responsible for maintaining occupancy levels, coordinate after hours emergencies, oversee collection of rents, and serve notices to vacate
· Leadership and Management-assist in recruiting and retaining staff, including performance appraisals and coaching. Work harmoniously with professionally with co-workers, analyze and resolve work problems
· Finance and Budgets- Monthly and annual operating and capital budgets, accountable for delivering financial results and KPI’s
· Tenant Relationship-handle all resident interactions and requests in an accurate and professional manner, resolve resident complaints and concerns, work with the Director of Operations to ensure building standards are met.
· Reports to the President and CEO
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. For more information on necessary qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, and essential job functions of this position, and a current Job Description, email Lindsey_Dwojak@avensseniors.com
Pay and Benefits
· Competitive Salary: $107,250 - $121,348
· Paid Vacation
· Health and Dental Benefits
· Pension Plan
· Relocation Available for out-of-town candidates.
OTHER BENEFITS: Subsidized meal plan, training opportunities, and the gratifying feeling of knowing you are making the difference in the daily lives of seniors.
Please bring your updated Resume and Covering Letter to Reception, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. No late applications will be accepted. Applications must be submitted by 4:00 pm Friday, December 1, 2023.