AVENS’ Vision – Seniors have access to a safe and caring community for life.
AVENS’ Mission – Avens delivers quality services in a safe and respectful manner to support residential living choices for seniors.
AVENS’ Values are expressed in the following statements which describe the most strongly held beliefs within the organizational culture of AVENS and its operations:
- Respect – We treat everyone in a way that values their worth regardless of background, abilities or beliefs. We show due regard for the feelings, wishes and rights of others. We do not walk past, accept or create situations that we know are belittling or harmful to others.
- Dignity – We recognize that every member of our community has something to contribute. We support and empower our seniors’ right to choose wherever possible.
- Collaboration – We work together with each other and our residents, community and stakeholders to achieve the best result possible. We share ideas, resources and best practices to make our work environment a place we can all be proud of. We support and encourage each other when we are struggling and we ask for help when we need to.
- Accountability – We admit when we are wrong, we make amends and we learn from it. We do what we say we are going to do and we fulfill our responsibilities.
- Integrity – We do the right thing even when it’s hard, or when no one is watching.