External Resources

Here are additional resources that we felt you might find helpful or of interest. Click on each link in yellow to learn more:

  • Yellowknife Seniors’ Society  is a non-profit organization who manages the Baker Community Centre on Franklin Avenue (50th Street) in Yellowknife.
  • The NWT Seniors’ Society provides information and acts as a resource for seniors and elders across the NWT. The Society is the only voluntary agency representing the individual and collective interests of all seniors and elders in the NWT.
  • Government of Canada: Find information for seniors, their families, their caregivers and supporting service organizations on federal, provincial, territorial and some municipal government benefits and services.
  • Yellowknife Health and Social Services Authority (YHSSA) provides a full range of Health and Social services to the communities of Dettah, Fort Resolution, Lutsel K’e, Ndilo and Yellowknife.
  • Stanton Territorial Health Authority For information on what the Stanton Territorial Health Authority provides or to find out information about Stanton Territorial Hospital Foundation follow this link.
  • items_of_interestGovernment of the Northwest Territories – This link provides easy access to application forms and information programs for Seniors.
  • Alzheimer Society For those looking for information on Alzheimer, this link provides you with easy access to the Alzheimer Society Alberta and Northwest Territories website.
  • Canadian Mental Health Association This link is for individuals looking for information on Mental Health issues.
  • Heart and Stroke Foundation This link is for individuals looking for information on heart and stroke issues.
  • CNIB, Alberta and Northwest Territories Office Locations This link is for individuals looking for information on vision health.
  • Yellowknife Housing Authority, Box 2197, Yellowknife NT X1A 2P6 Phone (867) 873-9323 The Yellowknife Housing Authority has a limited number of 1 bedroom units for Seniors in the downtown area as well as they run the Mary Murphy Home. Seniors must be 60 years or older to apply.
  • NWT Community Services, 5004 54 Street, Yellowknife NT X1A 2R6 Phone (867) 873-2527 NWT Community Services has units in Northern United Place for Seniors. Seniors must be 65 years or older to apply.
Avens Seniors © 2016 - Suite 1-5710, 50th Avenue - Yellowknife, NT X1A 1G1 - Tel: 867-920-2443 Fax: 867-873-9915 Frontier Theme