Human Resources Manager
AVENS – A Community for Seniors, located in Yellowknife, NWT, is looking for a dynamic, organized, self-starting human resources leader to help us achieve our goals.
The role requires an individual who is capable of building and sustaining positive organizational culture. This role is part of an enthusiastic and committed team that requires strong leadership and support in human resources related matters. Work directly with the management team to create and lead our talent strategy, aligning it to the organizational strategic goals and objectives. The Human Resources Manager has both a strategic and applied role related to organizational effectiveness and design, leading change management, providing leadership in labour relations issues and supporting our staff.
We are looking for a leader who has the ability to diagnose issues, identify solutions, and influence positive outcomes. The individual in this role must be able to interface effectively across all levels of the organization. You will need business acumen, excellent communication skills, influencing skills, strategic thinking and planning and project management skills, in a diverse and complex environment.
- Function as member and an advisor to the management team
- Engage in strategic planning meetings to translate organizational needs into Human Resources plans.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Partner with the management team on succession planning, talent development and organizational health priorities.
- Provide administrative support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, job re-leveling.
- Work with line managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, equitably representing all interests.
- Provide recruitment support to managers.
- Work with teams to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives as needed.
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency in human resources processes in the hiring and development of staff
- Participate in labour relations actions including collective bargaining, developing a productive relationship with our union representatives and responding appropriately to grievances and other labour relations-related issues
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma required in Human Resources Management or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- At least 8 years of experience in an Human Resources advisory or leadership role with broad knowledge and experience in human resource management. Previous labor relations experience a must
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent business acumen and an ability to understand a P&L.
- Experience with compensation planning, negotiation, and implementation.
- Strong judgment
- Employee relations experience.
- Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem solving.
- Experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, including employee relations, development and performance appraisal systems.
All applications will be accepted through the Workable platform. Please Apply Here.
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, June 1, 2018. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.